A comment or two will be greeted with warm hands.

13 January 2008

Flattery Helps

Flattery, an act of giving excessive compliments. It works surprisingly well against all types of females, especially if they are the feminine kind.
In many ways, flattery works like a heat-seeking missile, only what the missile homes in on is our vanity. And vanity, as the sages tell us, is the most universal human trait. We all want to be liked. We all want to be appreciated. Flattery almost always hits its target because the target — you, me, everybody — rises up to meet it. We have no natural defense system against it. We don't doubt because we want to believe. As John Locke said, we all "find pleasure to be deceived." If it's a lie, it's a lie we don't care or want to question. "Lie to me," sings Sheryl Crow, "and I'll promise to believe."
---- Richard Stengel
I could easily think a few hundred ways how flattery can help anyone, here are some examples:
1) More Discounts
2) Get people to do favours for you
3) Avoid punishment
4) One night stand
I was having a chat with mr.X a few days ago.
mr.X suggest that if I were to go for a girl, use flattery. Use it alot, use it kao kao. Use it till bees fly over and swarm my whole body. No matter how fake it is, flatter only!

I was suspicious of mr.X's advice, until I came to know some unspoken rules about dating for men and women.
Male: Always use flattery done in a tasteful way.
Female: Always pretend to enjoy his flattery, even if it is tasteless and badly delivered.

Flattery and corny cheesy lines like this one,
"My buddies over there said that I wouldn't be able to start a conversation with the most beautiful girl in the bar. Wanna buy some drinks with some of their money? *pause* While we drink, I can look at your eyes for an eternity cause I've never seen such dark eyes with so much light in them. *pause* Speaking of eternity, Most people like to watch the Olympics, because they only happens once every 4 years, but I'd rather talk to you cause the chance of meeting someone so special only happens once in a lifetime."

For guys, whats your favourite flattery line?
For girls, how would you like people to flatter you?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

you and X pakat post about flattery/flirting one izit ? haha.

a line I once used was:

"You make me want to forget all other women."

only thing , it wasn't a line, and I kinda meant it when I said it . She didn't believe me ,cause it was a player line :(

Anonymous said...

HArh? U SPENT whole nite writing such a short post ah? Aiyo... *pengsan. I was expecting something very very very interesting from u. Flattery doesn't work on smart beautiful woman. It only works on stupid beautiful woman. I also wonder why.

Starz in De Sky said...

whichever sentence or line u use, as long as u r sincere and meant it, the gals will be flattered.

Chee Ching said...

Yerrrrr; so lameee laaa the pick up line just now. Hahahhahahhaa.

I can't take flattery T_T

Jian Akiraceo (Miao) said...

I can't flatter...
but know how to shoot people.. XD

hao said...

yuinyin loves flattery XD

and jian, you shoot ppl? Sure bo... lol

Katherine said...

Yup, yup, agree with YuinYin. Flattery is so fake. Must be sincere praise. :)

Novemberbabe said...

I dislike flattery, it gives me an impression of untrustable towards some1 who's flattering, a feeling of not sincere...Too fake.
If u use flattery on a gal u like gaogao, u'll die gaogao FOR SURE!! lol

curryegg said...

aiyo... still wanna use it kao kao ah? Haha... beh tong u la... lol...

xniquet said...

pandai kif, you are on your way to becoming the next Casanova liao :P

YAY!!!

3POINT8 said...

[jasonphoon.com]
Ouch! I guess thats the bad thing abt

having a player's face

[littlepolaris]
Does flattery works on you then? Must try

on you someday. Maybe i can goda you from

ur bf.

[starz in de sky]
WoW! I must start learning from the

masters

[chingy]
oh? you can't take flattery? I guess u

are the smart type, according to yuin yin

[jian]
LOL! I want to learn how to flatter leng luis and shoot somewhat normal looking girls. =D

[hao]
abt yuinyin, Agreed!
Jian, shoot hao!

[宝茹]
Hhmmm....then i must learn how to make a fake praise seem sincere

[curryegg]
curryegg, you sound like to have lots of insight about this. Share share....
maybe someday i can flatter you to heaven!

[x]
Yes, when I learn, I learn from the best, master X

Anonymous said...

No flattery doesn't works on me but Tiffany&Co does!

Hao!!!! *bites, slaps him hard, karate kick, bang hao's head on the wall, and finally kick him into a rubbish dump.