A comment or two will be greeted with warm hands.

19 August 2007

Careful Wishing

They say be careful what you wish for.
I wish that i have cancer so that I have a four months holiday! Yay!
Oh wait, I should be be careful of what I'm thinking. I wouldn't want cancer.
Cancer is going to ruin my life. Guess i should stay away from the bad.
Alrite, lesson learnt -> Do not wish for cancer.
Good advice? Yes?
Yup folks, be careful what you wish for.

They say be careful what you wish for.
I wish that I could say 'I love you'
Oh wait, I should be careful of what I'm thinking. I wanna be loved.
But can I skip the 'rejection' and the 'feeling of being hurt' part?
Alrite, lesson learnt -> Do not wish for love.
Bad advice? No?
Gee....I don't know what to say? I sounds wrong if I say 'Yup folks, be careful what you wish for.' It just doesn't apply in this situation does it?

Be careful if you wish for _____________________________ [fill in the blank]
Guess it just doesn't apply to every situation does it?

Makes you wonder if there any one-liner which applies to every situation.
I mean, 'A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step' is a great quote! But i don't think you want to say that to someone who accidentally fell into a deep well with a broken spine.

'Break a leg' is a very famous saying which means good luck. But i don't you wanna say that to someone who is hoping to get an ambulance as a result of actually breaking someone's leg.

I'm not being very optimistic am I?
Post inspired by Be careful with what you wish for… by Yuin Yin

0 comments: