A comment or two will be greeted with warm hands.

31 July 2006

Resume

A lot of people might agree on how fast time pass pass us by... I'm sure somewhere out there, there are some people who would do anything to cripple the wings of time, just to slow it down abit...Well, we'll leave that to technology...

Realising the time now, I'm already in my 3rd year studies of my engineering degree. To most engineering students, this moment is the perfect time to panic about industrial training. Some call it industrial attachment, some call it vacation attachment. They all mean the same thing....
UNSW requires all engineering student to perform at least 60days of industrial attachment. And most of them prefer to do it 1 shot during their summer holidays

Well, I have not done my industrial training, and considering that there is 1 more summer holiday for me before i graduate... Guess i should panic now!!!

I'm fresh to all this kind of stuff...
I know very little about securing an industrial attachment.

All I know is that I had to prepare myself for:
Resumes, Cover letters, Company Research, Interviews, Career fairs......
How troublesome....
I've spent 2 whole day working on my resume. And its still not quite complete...
Now i know how not simple it is to produce a 2page resume...
I had to assess my skills, my talents, my abilities and what i can offer...
Geez, I don't even know if i'm over-exagerrating, or if i'm understating my skills..

It's killing all my precious time....
I rather be doing something else, but i had no choice...
I have to do all this stuff as soon as possible, I had to secure an offer for industrial training before summer holiday comes...If i don't, then i'll have to graduate half a year late...

It would be great if anyone would be kind enough to help me on this matter....
Care to comment??

1 comments:

Kenn3th Kh@w said...

well, you can always tailor suit your resume. Don't send the same one for every job you apply for. Customize it according to the job you want.

Hope that helps. ;)