A comment or two will be greeted with warm hands.

13 July 2006

Locked out

I picked up my junior, Alex today from the airport today...
(I'll talk about him in my next posting... another scholarship holder in UNSW)
Right after i met him, we went straight to my house. To put down his stuff in my room.... And then i showed him around the university and the neighbourhood..
(That was the boring part of this blog...)

Now this is where the fun starts...
When we got back home at around 6pm from the 'sight-seeing', we rested for a while, had a little laugh about some stuff... Minutes later, we realised that the door to my room was locked... Well, i dont usually lock my door, and i lost my door keys..... Yup, i was actually locked out from my own room.

OOoooo.....I'm panicking now. I wanted to smack the fella who did this to me. I started to think back: "Did i really lock my door?? I shouldn't have done it as i dont have the habit of locking my own door..." Then, i realised: It was Alex!!! He was the last one to come out from my room before the 'sight-seeing' trip... And that guy locked my door!!!!!

I was shaking my head at that time....gosh, what are we gonna do??
My stuff are in there, Alex's stuff is in there....and there is this little problem of hunger.
Yup, i had a small meal this lunch, and i was really hungry at that time...
So i calm myself down.....strategise on the next best move.

I suggested Alex to cook us something while Oon Peng and I try to figure out a way to force the door open...

Oh did i mention, there was this other guy with me, Oon Peng...
He suggest that we use a really hard plastic card, and swipe the door lock mechanism open...
Oh well, we spent 25mins trying to get the card into the lock slot.. And when the card is in, the door still won't budge!!!!



Plan 2....
I started to use some paperclips to pick the lock....
Having no knowledge abou pick-locking, i was aimlessly there poking the the paperclip into the keyhole... Gave up after 30mins of picklocking..



Plan 3...
Use of brute strength to bash the door open without damaging the door and the doorknob.... Not a very good idea after all.... Plan 3 skipped...

Plan 4....
Oh well, i didn't lock my window....Lets climb into to the room through the window!!!
(oh, btw, i'm staying in an apartment 1st floor...)
We gathered a table, some chairs, went out of the apartment and stacked them up outside...just so that i'm able to climb through the window....
Sad to say.... even with the chairs and tables, my room window is still to high up for anyone of us to reach...

Plan5...
Let's just call the fire brigade or some locksmith....
"Dude!!! Its 7.30pm....do u think that they will be available?? let's consider that our last resolve, k??"

Ok.....let's halt this for the moment....
Satisfy our stomach 1st... then only think of a way to settle the room problem. After all, a hungry man is an angry man...better get rid of the hunger....so we all can clear our minds, think of the next step...

So then after our dinner, the 3 of us are sitting down there.....pondering about the next best move...
Then someone suggested: "Do anyone u know who possesses a ladder??"
"Come on', we are all students here, and most of our friends are all students as well.....Why would any student need a ladder?? In fact, why would any student spend money to get a ladder.."
Although ridiculous, 3 of us called this fella, called that fella asking for a ladder...
We even though of approaching uni security depatment to get a ladder.
After 1 hour of calling, finally we got someone who has a ladder...
Grace Chong, a kind person whose house i was staying in during my 1st semester here in australia...
Well, we managed to borrow a ladder from her...
Thank god!!!

Now this is the part where the element of excitement comes in....
We hid the ladder in a garage nearby... I was there sneaking around and making sure that no one is gonna catch us doing what we are gonna do....To break into my own house...
Alex went up to the house, in the living hall and overlooking us, (just in case some cop come in and bust us, at least he can say that we live here...)
And Oon Peng, went up to get the table down....We had to stack the ladder up on the chair because the ladder alone in enough to get us to the window.

When Oon Peng came down with the table.... I had to make sure that the area is clear, to make sure that no one is looking at us, to make sure that no one will call the cops....
And when the area is clear, we quickly ran out, placed the table down to the desired location, stack the ladder up, and i ran up the ladder....
I can almost feel the adrenaline rushing in. I was really scared that some1 might call the cops....
When i reached the top of the ladder, i opened the room's window, and i pushed myself up into the room....
Right after i got into my room, i opened my door from the inside.... Suweeetttt!!!
And this Oon Peng hid the tables and the ladder in a nearby garage....
Then we took all the equipments back into my house quietly
I tell u, we were like ninjas sneaking here and there....Actually, we were more like house burglers breaking into someone's house....My house....



That was my most exciting experience in australia.....
Yup, breaking into my own house.... It's something that only happens once in a blue moon

0 comments: