A comment or two will be greeted with warm hands.

09 December 2006

Meeting fired up

Into the 5th day of my industrial training, and I'm allowed to witness how a major meeting goes....
Today, I was allowed to participate in a major meeting.

This major meeting last for bout 3 hours.... 3 freaking hours sitting in the meeting room. I guess the real challenge is try to stay awake for the whole duration of the meeting..
Well, this meeting is MAJOR.... The chairman is the deputy director of the whole operation (that's what I've been told) and there are about 30 engineers sitting there.
I would say that the chairman is pretty good at controlling the meeting. He is a very goal-orientated person, always concerned about how to meet deadlines and resolving problem instead of finding fault with everyone. Plus, I'm not sure how he did it, but he has a very very subtle way of threatening people.
[Although he chairman is TRYING not to blame anyone, but he somehow somehow managed to freak out everyone in the meeting room...Man, that guy is just scary, he has this 'basilisk glare', turning everyone into splineless rigid stones.... Almost everyone in the room has their arms cross, stiff shoulder and their backs hunched, indicating that they are defensive and afraid as hell]
However, the bad thing about the chairman is that he tend to drag matters.....into 3 hours meeting...


Then, I was allowed to witness another minor meeting which last for 2 and half hours...
I fell asleep halfway through the meeting. Well, it wasn't a sleep actually, its more like a 15mins nap....

It was interesting to see how they point the finger to others...
By the way, I sat down there quietly throughout the 2 meetings. I got nothing to say. Even if I did have something to say, I wouldn't, I'm still a newbie at this stage...

0 comments: