A comment or two will be greeted with warm hands.

17 July 2008

World Youth Day sinking Sydney

By Catholic Church, organised in Sydney from 15th to 20th July, is the one of world's anticipated grand event known as World Youth Day. His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI will make his first visit to Australia. Through the WYD08 experience, young people from throughout the world will make a pilgrimage in faith, meet, and experience the love of God. World Youth Day is an invitation from the Pope to the youth of the world to celebrate their faith around a particular theme. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Yup! Everyone is welcome to attend. That is what they want people to believe in. If you ask any aussies living here in Sydney whether they would welcome them, They'll probably tell you: "Hell no! Go back to your country!"

That is because this event will attract over 125,000 international visitors to Sydney. It feels as if the whole population of china is coming over to Sydney with one goal, to sink Sydney along with their faith. I'm not a believer in faith. But after today, I think I'll give faith a chance since Sydney is surprisingly still floating.

Seriously. Because of this event, streets are jam-packed with people, roads are blocked, busses are full, and my eardrum is getting weaker from all the shouting by berserk fanatics. Worst of all, they are taking all up all my usual eating spot. Man, I can't eat out, I can't walk out, I can't even sleep soundly from the glaring fireworks happening 24/7. Its just annoying!

Whinners complain an do nothing about it. Winners however make use of the situation and do something about it. There are ingenius people out there who made their 'complains' into a profitable business. 'T-Shirts'. There are people out there producing 'funny' T-shirts to voice out their complains.

This is the best I've seen so far:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi 3point8

Hope you are doing fine :)


Btw, remember I mentioned in my blog before that there's something for bloggers?

Well, Im giving a free copy of my new book, 50+1 Malaysia away to any blogger who is willing to do a post review on it.

And as a blogger friend, would like to personally invite you :)

If you agree (and I hope you will hehe), you can sign in your details for us to send the book over at http://themalaysiapage.com/501-malaysia/specially-for-bloggers/


Thanks :)


*The book will be out 31 July 2008.

Kritz said...

Hey there (:
My friend's at Sydney now, I wonder how are things for him over there.

The shirt was funny =x
I myself am a Christian but I still understand the sufferings others go through. But it'll soon be over right?

Oh gosh, my friend's gonna come back a brag all about it.