A comment or two will be greeted with warm hands.

11 January 2009

Leaders with Suicidal Thoughts

"Why kill yourself? Life would do it for you"
---- Anonymous ----

Ever had a feeling that you are one lonely person? Though you have friends, you have families, but for some reason, you couldn't feel any connection with any of them.
It is a fact that every lonely soul out there have difficulties opening up their thoughts. They do seldom talk about their problems because there are 4 internal obstacles that needs to be dealt with:

[1st obstacle] I have so much problem that I need to talk to someone. [2nd obstacle] Problem is I have no one to talk to. I don't think anyone would be interested in talking to person with problems. [3rd obstacle] Besides, even if I have friend to talk to, I don't even what to say. Complaining about my life only makes me seem weak. [4th obstacle] There were times when I found someone who understands me, someone who I can share my problems with. Thing is, whenever I think of my problems, its nothing compared to poverty. it makes all my problems sound so trivial and I feel as they are not worthy enough to be shared.

Therefore, If these lonely people are sharing their woes with you, it means that:
1) They treat you as a friend, a friend who understands.
2) You make them feel at ease cause they feel comfortable sharing their thoughts with you.
3) Their problems are huge that has the potential to cause a significant amount of damage. [If its a minor problem, they wouldn't even share with you in the first place.]

I have a feeling that this type of thinking is a very dangerous one. It encourage self-destruction leading to suicidal thoughts mainly because of 2 reasons:
1) They lack attention
2) They bottle up problems until they burst.

On the other extreme end of looking at this way of thinking, it somehow strikes to me that these people are problem solvers. These people do not whine and complain, instead they do something about it. The only way to eliminate these problems are to solve them. And we all agree that all great leaders are problem solvers, yes?
Which brings me to this state of thinking based upon the reasoning above:
1) Great Leaders have more suicidal thoughts than normal people.
2) Leaders who has no problem winning the heart of people, have less friends than normal people.
3) People who resorted to suicides, are more likely to be a leader had they not pass away.

One more thing about leader, they fear nothing, not even death. So I suppose having multiple suicidal thoughts is an acceptable way of thinking to them.

Which bring us all to this question I've been itching to ask:
Would you allow someone who has a constant stream of multiple suicidal thoughts to lead your country?


[Top Comment by SK]
Just my 2 cents...I think ppl harbour suicidal thoughts most likely due to the fact that they couldnt solve problems at hand and have to resort to suicide in the hope of ending all problems once and for all. On another note, if they were great problem solvers, they would have over the years gathered enormous amount of confidence of solving any problem that comes along. Therefore i think being a suicide-prone person and an excellent problem solver are 2 mutually exclusive events.

22 comments:

Cherry said...

Why lonely? T.T =x

K9 said...

Not very understand..haha..

But ur 3rd and 4th obstacle are meant for male only. Male don't just share their problems to anyone else they feel weak on themselves. What they do is just sit in the caves for few days go solve their problems.

So, are ur conclusion is that our Ex-PM have many suicidal thoughts? or the current 1? I think the current 1 larr..hahahh

Lisa said...

Would you allow someone who has a constant stream of multiple suicidal thoughts to lead your country?

er..... siapa???

foodislove said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
foodislove said...

No I won't.

Suicidal comes from depression. Depression comes from excessive frustration. Excessive frustration won't produce quality work. No quality work in leader = doom.

Legal Cat said...

That German millionaire who killed himself when the chips were down is a good example for your article

Unknown said...

actually i believe that what you write here is true. everyone is human - and weather we are just an low rank employee or a global leader, i think we face this. the only diff maybe is that for those who give up easily (or have given up), they may not feel so bad to share their problems/ complaints as they got nothing to lose.

the leaders on the other hand (this include artistes) have an image to protect.

Anonymous said...

Just my 2 cents...I think ppl harbour suicidal thoughts most likely due to the fact that they couldnt solve problems at hand and have to resort to suicide in the hope of ending all problems once and for all.
On another note, if they were great problem solvers, they would have over the years gathered enormous amount of confidence of solving any problem that comes along.
Therefore i think being a suicide-prone person and an excellent problem solver are 2 mutually exclusive events.

foongpc said...

I think your theory is flawed. Great leaders have no suicidal thoughts. They are positive minded, treasure life and live life to the fullest! Yes they are problem solvers and they know if they die, they won't solve any problems. Also great leaders are not quitters. If they commit suicide, they will be known as giving up/quitting. So they will never resort to suicide.

Also, some leaders are very enlightened human beings. They know the purpose of their lives on earth and even if things are not working well for them, they accept it and go with the flow because they know everything happens for a reason and they are wise enough not to go against what is meant to be.

Just my opinion : )

-popjammerz- said...

Quite a post for me to digest at such a night..
but of cuz not ALL leader has such suicidal thoughts.
Some are really leaders who works for the best of mankind. leaders who really produce better leaders.

:)

i won't allowed them to lead the country lar anyway.

Tekkaus said...

OF COURSE NOT! But I'm sure when there are devils, there will be angels too. =)

Anonymous said...

Great Leaders have more suicidal thoughts than normal people.

I do not believe in this particular line. In what objectives manner did they come up with this? Smells garbage to me.

Cmate said...

You can only be a great leader as an individual.

Annoymous said...

I don't think i will let him lead.... hmm

Anonymous said...

i like this entry! nice...

Anonymous said...

So nobody contemplate on dying today okay? :)

QuirkyLilPrincess said...

maybe,maybe not.after all,i do have suicidal thoughts most of the time(dun ask y...) but my col frenz are always asking me to be the group leader becoz they think that i have leadership skills?but then again,no one really understands the stress of trying to handle everything and not crumble and also trying their best to go on and not to complain becoz complaining will make them seem weak unless they been through it before.Leaders who are suicidal sometimes just gotta be given space to breath a lil bit and to have someone who are willing to be there and listen to them.

3POINT8 said...

[Cherry]
Coz I got no friends here and I got no money. :(

[Knight]
oh ya. If you don't say, I wouldn't realise 3rd and 4th is exclusive for male. I'm just writing from experience, so haha..its from the perspective of a male.

[Lisalicious]
me! I will rule a country some day. XD

[WinnieH]
Very true

3POINT8 said...

[kruel74]
The german millionaire? I should look up for this guy. Thanks for the info.

[QuaChee]
Hehey, you are the first one to agree with me. Thanks. Yea, leaders have an image to protect.

[SK]
This makes sense. But wouldn't you say everything is inter-related? Though venus is far away, I believe the gravity pull somewhat affects the universe to a certain degree

[foongpc]
Hitler resorted to suicide. Then again, i can only come up with one example. Perhaps what you wrote is true. ALL leaders are wise and positive minded. Anyway, I like your comment.

3POINT8 said...

[popjammerz]
But wouldn't agree with me that everyone has at least one suicidal thoughts in their life? Leaders were once ordinary people too.

[Tekkaus]
True. The yin&yang

[Kevin]
Its not them. I came up with that garbage. Perhaps one day when i rule an empire, i can safely tell you that this leader has more suicidal thoughts than normal people. :P

[Harmony]
Of course. Who in the sane mind would allow someone who takes life so lightly lead a country, yes?

3POINT8 said...

[LeeChien]
Thanks!

[Kevin]
Hopefully not

[QuirkyLilPincess]
I've wrote this post in such a way that there is a hidden message. You are near there.
I just want to let people know that, even if they have more suicidal thoughts than avg people, they should never resort to suicide because maybe one day they may be the ONE who leads us all. Its like saying: "Hey Emo kid, don't die. You have a bright future in front of you"

WayeYoung said...

Excellent post! Very though provoking. As such, let me share mine.

What most people want is a perfect leader. Sadly, as humans, there is no such being.
A suicidal-prone leader could be short-lived, but he may have other qualities that make him a great leader.

But in your case, I would not like a suicidal-prone leader at the helm of any position. Shouldn't a leader think of the team, think of the goal, the chequered flag? Why think of himself? That's not what leaders are for.

Funny enough, there are great leaders who were suicidal. Hitler to name one. He was a great leader (albeit cruel and all), when everything came tumbling down, he relieved himself of all responsibility by putting a bullet through himself.

Also, a leader should be someone whom we look up to. Looking up to someone suicidal isn't awesome lol. A leader is that beacon of light. A lighthouse in the dark.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
In a nutshell. No I would not want a suicidal leader XD