A comment or two will be greeted with warm hands.

27 November 2008

Funky Weird Names

Hi my name is: 'Kiffy turned left and left Kippi where as Kippy turned right right'

Ok I lied, that wasn't my real name. But this is a real name: 'Captain Fantastic Faster than Superman Spiderman Batman Wolverine Hulk and the Flash Combined' [link]
Formerly known as George Garratt, this 19 year old teen from England changed his name to C.F.F.T.S.S.B.W.H.A.T.F.C. just a month ago.

Surprised to say, I was inspired by this kid. Some say you have to be born different to cast your name in the book of record. But this guy is just a normal kid and he now holds the record for world’s longest name. It goes on to prove that any tom, dick and harry can have a world record achievement by being overly creative.

Then again, that inspiration crumbled the moment I imagine the awkward situation he could be in:
1) How is his girlfriend gonna introduce him into the family?
2) Imagine if he enlist into the army with the rank of a private: "Private Captain".
3) I wonder if any HR manager would hire this kid after reading his name.
4) And I bet 9 out of 10 times that he will be searched by customs officer in the airport.

I could understand that there is a definite trend towards people choosing an unusual or "weird" name. Reason being our surroundings are becoming too similar. No matter where a person lives there are the same chains of stores and fast food outlets - we want to set ourselves and our children apart. And this can be achieved by choosing out of the ordinary or weird baby names. [link]

But some names are just terrible and they should be avoided. These are some of the worst actual name anyone can have:
Al Kaholic
B. O'Problem
Curry Egg
Ching Chong
Dick Holder
Ima Cumming
Iva Biggun
Kippu
Sue Zuki
Sok Chun
Talula does the Hula
Terry Wrist
Such names could present a social hurdle especially during their youth. It makes a fool out of them and sets them up with a social disability and handicap. In short, consider the consequences before you decide a name for your kid.

On another note, I agree with anyone who says that 3POINT8 is a great name. However I strongly disagree with those who claims that 3POINT6 is a terrible name.

Question to you is: What is the worst actual name you have come across?

Fact:
1) The longest name to appear on a birth certificate is for Rhoshandiatellyneshiaunneveshenk Koyaanisquatsiuth Williams - 57 letters compared with Captain Fantastic's 81. [I'll treat you a cup of coffee if you can pronounce this name with your eyes closed]


By the way, Curry Egg is a good name. I just want to witness how does someone positive as Kelly Tan deals with the situation when someone criticize her alias 'Curryegg' as a terrible name. Apparently she is good at turning things around by insisting that both her and my alias 'curryegg' & '3point8' is a good name. Situation well handled!


[Best Comment by Kelvin]
Now I wonder how he's going to fit his name into forms when he wanted to register something like bank accounts,creditcards,member cards? I bet the registrars will go @.@ following with.............."wtf". There's another bad name called, Lai Ngip Kim. I saw that before and it's a bank's branch managers name. LoLz. Maybe ask him to change to 3->8 ;p

23 comments:

Rod said...

hahaha! nice post, I love it, and i have to agree that 3point8 is a great name...

Ryan said...

Worst name i came across?
Erm...
Lau Sai Kia... Lau Kiu Kia...
Chua Sai Kia...

Tekkaus said...

Haha =)Good one. Hmm...I remembered a few funny ones from my secondary school...teachers' name I guess..

1~Mr. Chow Ji Bai!
2~En. ZAKARia bin RAHIM

No joke. But well, I guess it's their name that their parents gave. So we shouldn't make fun of it huh.

Alpha Whale said...

My grandfather has known someone or met someone during his years as a university professor by the full name of Julia The Dolphin Whore Of Oceanic Paradicia Andrews. No doubt birthed during the Hippie era. I myself have met some fun named ones in my career, though I can't recall any of the cooler ones sadly :(

Sue Me said...

kippy = kif + skippy.

Me ish so creative. I think my name very the long d lo. Sue Me If You Can! Imagine my IC also bear this name. can die wei.. HAHAHAHAHA

julian said...

I once saw a restaurant in KL with the name 'Soon Go Fatt'
:)

curryegg said...

Emmm... let me think...

Can't think of a bad name now.. but good name instead:

1) Curryegg
2) 3point8

Can't think of any other name better than that.. Lolx... :P

Harmony said...

I believe its not very polite to post somebody's IC.

Cometh said...

Oh yes, you are very very very impolite... =p

On the other hand, I once dream of the name BenardCometIsTheGreatestAndTheMagnificientAndAllRelatedWordsandOhSoCoolAndSoYengandWhateverYouSayDoesntMatter but then I dropped the idea.

Imagine the pain of going through application forms, exams and all those stuff needing my name.

Hence Benard is good enough.

Thank You...

=p

Cometh said...

Hmmmm, I discovered a bug.. If I continue to type on and on without any break, Blogger would go horizontally and eat up my sentence/words.

Darn, and I wasted so long to type my long name. Grrr

It's a conspiracy I tell you...

Simon Seow said...

Well, he sure have a hard time filling up form.

Hiakz said...

I wonder how his name will fit in his IC or whatever they use over there..Haha..

carrot said...

curryegg? i tot got one blogger with that nickname :D

azrin said...

Thus why I changed my name...kep on people calling me Mr Majid.

Azrin @ www.azrin.net

Knight said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Knight said...

That's a good one..

Now I wonder how he's going to fit his name into forms when he wanted to register something like bank accounts,creditcards,member cards?

I bet the registrars will go @.@ following with.............."wtf".

There's another bad name called, Lai Ngip Kim. I saw that before and it's a bank's branch managers name. LoLz. Maybe ask him to change to 3->8 ;p

kenwooi said...

Hahaha, nice one! Nice of you to share with us!

So far, I've never met anyone with a weird name. All seems to be normal to be. Haha.

I think that boy is kinda out of his mind. =P

JustJasmine said...

My name is nice.

- i.r.v.i.n.e - said...

wtf. chew kok? -.- ok. we shall accept all names. respects.

Mc_Bone said...

haha.
curry egg is put under the category of worst name ..
hahahhahahaha

usws said...

Amanda Kissenhug. Haha, sound familiar?

Lisa said...

I came across

Ai Tiew

for a gal

Johnny Ong said...

tag fella can forget about travelling overseas hahaha as he may not pass immigration question on his weird name